Tides and Storms Cause Flood Damage in Queens, NY Properties
Stormy weather and heavy rains may cause damage. SERVPRO uses the latest technology and equipment for every size of disaster.
Queens Residents Routinely Suffer All Kinds of Flood-Related Damage.
Stormy weather, heavy rains, and the flood damage that often results are nothing new to residents of Queens. Several times a year, stormwaters overwhelm area storm sewers and low-lying parts of the city. When this happens, local homes experience various types of flood-related damage.
Flood damage in Queens comes in all forms, and SERVPRO has successfully dealt with them all. Floodwaters are particularly dangerous and damaging because they pick up and carry various wastes, like feces from overflowing sewers. Also, they are always a concern because it does not take much excess stormwater to produce serious results. In fact, floodwaters can permeate the foundation of your home and cause basement flooding long before rising to the level of your first floor.
Some types of flood damage our biohazard remediation teams have most often encountered in Queens are:
- Sewage-contaminated rooms and contents
- Severe basement flooding, involving several feet of standing water
- Inches or feet of deposited silt and waste inside impacted homes
- Moldy, degraded, or otherwise compromised structural elements
- Persistent, foul, flood-related odors that permeate all parts of affected residences
In order to address all of these common issues, SERVPRO offers expert sewage cleanup, residential disinfection, water removal services, and water damage repairs.
So, if you ever need flood damage remediation services, know that your friends at SERVPRO of Forest Hills/Ridgewood can help. Contact us anytime at (718) 381-3702 for assistance.
What Can SERVPRO Do to Remediate My Water Damage in Forest Hills?
SERVPRO uses EPA-approved chemical agents for the water damage restoration process. Call now for the help you need.
Our Experts Can Resolve Your Water Damage Issues with Cutting Edge Techniques.
When you experience a water-related event at your Forest Hills residence, you must resolve the resulting issues as soon as possible. This is when the right equipment and techniques come into play. Fortunately, SERVPRO has the requisite resources to quickly address the situation and limit water damage.
SERVPRO regularly handles water damage in Forest Hills. We provide impacted residents with emergency water damage services to successfully remediate, among other things, burst pipes, ceiling leaks, and basement flooding. When doing so, our highly experienced technicians employ all the latest cutting-edge equipment and methods to get the job done right and in less time than other water damage remediation services.
Some of the advanced techniques we use to resolve your water damage are:
- Arriving on-site within four hours to rapidly remove any standing water with powerful wet vacs and extractors
- Strategically setting up a network of state-of-the-art air movers, dehumidifiers, and Injectidry systems to swiftly dry out your home’s interiors
- Employing advanced foggers and injection devices to treat impacted areas and household contents
- Disinfecting and deodorizing water-damaged structural elements and contents with EPA-approved chemical agents
With all that said, if you ever need help overcoming the effects of water damage, rest assured that there is a service that can assist you. Contact SERVPRO of Forest Hills/Ridgewood at (718) 381-3702 whenever you need us.
Can Professional Queens Water Mitigation Minimize Office Downtime?
Water damage at your business location can certainly stop any productivity. Contact Team SERVPRO immediately after any event for remediation services.
SERVPRO Techs Remove Queens Office Carpet Damage with Water Mitigation Tools
After flood claims, water damage is the most common insurance claim filing in the United States. While, in many cases, water damage can be prevented, disasters can still occur at any time of the day or night that impact Queens facilities.
SERVPRO responds quickly to commercial water mitigation calls for Queens businesses with various sophisticated tools and tried-and-true methods for cleanup. The firm’s constant availability keeps business downtime–and the impact of water damage–to a minimum.
Water Extraction Processes for Carpeting
Carpeting requires specialized care from certified technicians to remove moisture and minimize the need for replacement.
- Thorough moisture extraction with tools like carpet wands and rovers are essential to preparing carpet for drying with air movers and dehumidifiers. SERVPRO techs ensure that this process is performed without risking delamination of the pad from the carpeting
- Carpet with significant moisture saturation can be pulled up and tented for drying both above and below the surface. Technicians can also examine the subfloor for potential cleanup and drying needs
- Drying chambers made with polyethylene sheets can make the drying process more efficient through containment
- Inspection is performed multiple times throughout the extraction process to ensure that drying goals remain consistent with the normal moisture levels of structural materials in a given Queens business
SERVPRO of Forest Hills / Ridgewood is a phone call away from performing commercial mitigation services at (718) 381-3702.
What Works for Forest Hills Kitchen Fire Damage Removal?
Kitchen fires are very common. Tackle the fire damage in your home with a quick call to SERVPRO for certified technicians and the equipment to help.
SERVPRO Cleaning Materials Eliminate Fire Damage Residues from Forest Hills Properties
In any given Forest Hills home, the kitchen is by far the most vulnerable to fire damage. Almost half of the reported home fires in the US start in the kitchen, and many more go unreported. However, even a small fire can impact structures and contents.
SERVPRO cleanup specialists are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week, to remove fire damage from Forest Hills properties. Professional fire damage mitigation and restoration ensures that cleanup is done per a homeowner’s insurance policy while helping them save their belongings from further damage.
Cleaning Residential Structures After Fire Damage
Fire damage cleanup is a multi-step process that focuses on lighter residue cleanup before tackling heavier soils:
- Light, dry soot deposits on walls and ceilings can be removed with dry cleaning sponges, SERVPRO Crumbly Cleaner, or specialized detergent solutions
- Moderate soils may require more rigorous wet cleaning or the use of alkaline solutions to combat soot stains
- Heavy charring on cabinetry, wall studs, or other fixtures can often be addressed with abrasion cleaning. Blast media like soda ash can also have a deodorizing effect
- Protein residues from a cooking fire require mitigation with SERVPRO enzyme digesters, which break down these proteins into water-soluble byproducts for cleanup
Homeowners in need of emergency-response restoration can contact SERVPRO of Forest Hills / Ridgewood at (718) 381-3702.
Why Do Queens Homeowners Need Professional Mold Removal Companies?
Mold infestations need to be addressed with rapid haste to prevent further spread. Call SERVPRO and our technicians will investigate the situation.
SERVPRO Mold Removal Companies Specialize in Mitigation and Restoration
Queens property owners might be surprised to know that 70% of homes contain mold. While homeowners can minimize this by keeping moisture levels below 50%, disasters like pipe leaks can occur that allow these microbes to spread.
Emergency-response Queens mold removal companies like SERVPRO implement fast-acting mold cleanup strategies to return residences to a clean, safe condition for occupants once more. Comprehensive training, sophisticated tools, and constant availability help this firm maintain a consistently high standard for mitigation response.
SERVPRO Tools Effectively Combat Mold Proliferation
SERVPRO’s repertoire of sophisticated tools operated by Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification (IICRC)-certified techs includes:
- Negative air pressure machinery with HEPA filters designed to catch particles as small as 0.3 microns in diameter
- Dozens of proprietary EPA-registered biocides that can combat mold proliferation and related odors
- Moisture extraction wands that aid in making a Queens property inhospitable for mold and other microbes
- Air movement and dehumidification units that work in tandem to remove remaining surface and air moisture so technicians can focus on removal of mold spores, even in HVAC systems
- Odor control solutions like scented granules, commercial-grade deodorizing solvents, and time-release pellets for effective odor removal at the particle level
Property owners can reach SERVPRO of Forest Hills / Ridgewood at (718) 381-3702 for 24/7 restoration services.
Get Rid of Water Damage in Queens For Good With SERVPRO
SERVPRO teams have the tools and experience you need to handle water damages on your property.
Water Clean Up in Your Queens Apartments
With any disaster that could affect a Queen's apartment complex, cleaning from our IICRC-Certified technicians is vital to restoration and recovery. With water damage situations, effects can spread quickly from the source throughout the apartment to become a costly and challenging situation to overcome. With cleaning being a general heading for much of the restoration work that we perform to return a property to preloss condition, these professionals are among the most skilled, trained, and experienced members of our team.
There are many phases to water cleanup in your Queens apartments. The tenants directly affected by this disaster look to you to respond quickly to the situation and get experienced restoration technicians en route to help. Our SERVPRO professionals have years of experience in the restoration industry. Our growing inventory of advanced recovery equipment makes us a wise choice to handle even spreading water damage affecting multiple units of your apartment complex.
With multiple units connected through shared flooring or walls, networks of plumbing within these cavities can almost always affect more than one apartment when leaks and breaks occur. The mitigation of water damage can begin immediately when our SERVPRO team arrives at your building. Our cleaning team has many steps to recover the affected areas of the properties to prevent secondary effects and get the tenants back into their units quickly following the efficient drying of the damages.
One of the biggest challenges for our cleaning team when responding to widespread water effects is preventing secondary concerns like mold and microbial growth. We have advanced products that are OSHA-approved and better for the environment than others. These antimicrobial solutions can penetrate surfaces, contents, and structural elements to make these materials uninhabitable to potential mold colonies or remove the earliest colonization stages preemptively.
Owning multiple apartments can leave you with a critical timetable when disasters like water damages strike. To protect your investment and keep from displacing your tenants, you can count on the fast and experienced response of our SERVPRO of Forest Hills / Ridgewood team. We can get reached 24/7 by calling (718) 381-3702.
If Your Forest Hills Home Is Damaged After A Flood, Our Crew Is Here To Help!
Storm floods can cause a wide variety of damages in your home. Call in the professionals at SERVPRO for help.
Rescuing Hardwood Floors And Sheetrock After Flood Damage In Forest Hills
One of the emergency services we run is for residents suffering from flooding. Unlike other water-related issues, flooding can be particularly hard on flooring, sheetrock, and, if the damage results from an internal plumbing issue, ceilings. Due to the excessive quantities of moisture we usually find in a flooded property, some items must be replaced; others require a concerted effort to restore correctly.
Our services for flood damage in Forest Hills range from full-scale property damages that require temporary relocation to a minor flood contained to a single room. Either type takes a heavy toll on flooring, particularly for residents with hardwood floors. Without a tested drying strategy, these materials can warp, cup, or buckle from prolonged exposure making time a critical factor in the remediation process.
Water Damage Repairs
SERVPRO has technicians on-call throughout the night for emergencies. We do this because of the risk that prolonged exposure to moisture can cause to your home's structural contents and components. Standing water, in particular, can wear varnish on wooden flooring and become absorbed into it. When the moisture content reaches above 20%, mold growth can occur.
We can help to restore the moisture content of your flooring to an equilibrium of 12%. We achieve this by placing drying mats on the floor and using suction to draw water from the flooring. Sometimes, careful placing of dehumidifiers can dry the surrounding air causing water absorbed into woods to be drawn out. Once equilibrium is established, your SERVPRO technician can begin sanding out cupping and warping if the damage is not too severe.
Ceiling Leaks in Forest Hills
Sheetrock is also very susceptible to water since it is a highly porous material. The drying period for large amounts of sheetrock is around 5 to 7 days for a single layer. The time it takes to dry correctly may make sheetrock not worth salvaging, especially if it is double layered. A SERVPRO technician may choose to demolish and replace the sheetrock to be more time-efficient.
Exposure to moisture can result in natural materials sustaining permanent damage; contact SERVPRO of Forest Hills at (718) 381-3702.
What Do Queens Area Fire Restoration Pros Offer That DIY Methods Cannot?
Fire damage is not a DIY project you want. Leave it to our skilled professionals at SERVPRO. We will make it look "Like it never even happened."
SERVPRO Provides Industry-Proven Fire Restoration to Bring Your Queens Property Back to Pre-Fire Condition
Fire remediation must include more than wiping away residue and tossing charred debris. Due to the corrosive nature of smoke and soot residue, skilled technicians trained to handle water & fire damage restorations are the best way to get the results you need. SERVPRO is the team to call for house fire clean up that is stress-free, efficient, and cost-effective.
When contacting our team for fire restoration in Queens, we show up within hours to begin the assessment. We’re Faster to Any Size Disaster, and once first responders give us the green light to enter, we begin house fire clean up as soon as possible.
Some Steps Our Technicians May Take During the Fire and Smoke Damage Restoration and Cleanup Include:
- The application of chemicals to help safely clean your surfaces
- The use of agitation and other techniques that allow us to accelerate soiling removal
- The total deodorization of your home with the help of:
- Thermal foggers
- Air scrubbers
- Ozone generators
- The sanitization and cleaning of surface areas with antimicrobials to leave your home Certified: SERVPRO Cleaned
- The proper disposal of all unsalvageable belongings and charred debris
- The implementation of controlled demolition services, as needed, to fully restore damage
SERVPRO of Forest Hills/Ridgewood features the IICRC-certified technicians you want on the job when you require fire restoration. We are available 24/7, just call (718) 381-3702, and our Green Fleet will be at your door as soon as possible.
Get Professional Water Cleanup Services in Queens from SERVPRO
Water damage restoration is a specialty of SERVPRO. We have the equipment and manpower for any size disaster.
Queens Residents look to SERVPRO for Water Damage Restoration of their homes
The aftermath of water damage can leave any Queens homeowner in a state of despair and confusion. Seeking the help of professional restorers is the best thing you can do in such a situation. A team of SERVPRO restoration experts can begin the restoration process as soon as we hear from you. We're Faster To Any Size Disaster.
Drying is a major step during the water damage remediation process at your Queens home. As a surface dries, moisture evaporates, and the surface cools down, causing the rate of evaporation to fall over time. SERVPRO technicians use heated air to increase the humidity ratio of the air, thereby speeding up the drying process.
What Heating Equipment do SERVPRO Techs Use During Water Damage Repair of Your Queens Home?
SERVPRO restorers use heat and air exchange drying systems to reduce the drying time during the water damage remediation process. Some of the equipment we use to achieve this include:
- Portable electric heaters: Used to direct heated air toward a particular area. Most of these units use heat exchangers to transfer heat from electrically heated coils to air streams produced by air moving equipment
- Indirect fired furnaces: Takes dry outside air, heats it, and introduces it into the drying zone. These systems can heat the entire structure and speed up the drying process. Such systems are usually set up outside your Queens home.
Call SERVPRO of Forest Hills / Ridgewood at (718) 381-3702 for fast and efficient service.
Queens Business Owners Trust SERVPRO for Fire Damage Restoration
Commercial building damaged by fire is no lost cause. Call the pros at SERVPRO for the fire remediation service needed.
24/7 Unparalleled Response Anywhere in Queens
Fire damage to your Queens commercial property can be a distressing experience. Taking prompt control of the situation and calling in the experts is the quickest way to get your business up and running. SERVPRO restoration experts are available 24/7 to assist you in your hour of need. Our technicians have years of experience and expertise to handle any size fire damage disaster in Queens.
Deodorizing unpleasant odors is a significant challenge in a Queens fire and smoke damage restoration and cleanup of commercial space. SERVPRO technicians use a systematic approach to tackle these odors and restore your businesses "Like it never even happened."
Equipment SERVPRO uses to Deodorize your Queens commercial property During Fire and Smoke Remediation.
SERVPRO technicians in Queens use a variety of equipment in the deodorization process after smoke damage. Some of these include:
- Air Scrubbers- Contain charcoal filters that capture odor-causing particles and recirculate the air back into the indoor environment.
- Ventilation fans- Exchange indoor and outdoor air. The indoor air is exhausted out, and fresh air is drawn indoors from outside.
- Ozone generators- Produce ozone (O3) which is an unstable molecule. When ozone combines with odor-causing particles, it permanently destroys them by oxidation, causing an effective deodorization.
Call SERVPRO of Forest Hills / Ridgewood at (718) 381-3702 for 24/7 fire damage restoration service.