Mold Damage Emergency Tips
What you can do until help arrives
Most home and business owners can appreciate that exposure to mold colonies and fungal growth can be damaging to your health. Even though health effects can exist when spores seat and colonize in your home, there are steps that you can take to help reduce the spread and severity of these conditions.
Even though our remediation specialists are often vital to the full removal and recovery of active colonization, there are steps that you can take to help reduce the overall loss that these incidents can create. We have a fast response from Forest Hills to Middle Village, but here are a few steps you can take to save you time and money in the long run.
- Shut Off the circulation systems in your home (AC or furnace)
- If a leaking fixture has caused moisture, shut off water to this portion of plumbing.
- Begin damage assessment with the appropriate PPE (respirator)
- Remove belongings from nearby zones to prevent further damage and destruction.
Have a Mold Problem?
Call Us Today – (718) 381-3702
If you have a mold problem in your home or business, consider the following facts:
- Significant mold growth can occur in 48-72 hours.
- Mold may present a greater risk to children, the elderly, and anyone with respiratory problems.
- A strong, musty odor may indicate hidden mold behind drywall or under carpeting.
What to Do:
- Stay out of affected areas.
- Turn off the HVAC system and fans.
- Contact SERVPRO of Forest Hills / Ridgewood for mold remediation services.
What Not to Do:
- Don’t touch or disturb the mold.
- Don’t blow air across any surfaces with visible or suspected mold growth.
- Don’t attempt to dry the area yourself.
- Don’t spray bleach or other disinfectants on the mold.
Mold Remediation Services
If you suspect that your home or business has a mold problem, SERVPRO of Forest Hills / Ridgewood has the training, equipment, and expertise to handle the situation.
We are proud to serve our local communities:
- Forest Hills
- Forest Hills Gardens
- Forest Park
- Fresh Pond
- Kew Gardens
- Rego Park
- Middle Village
- Richmond Hill